Department was established in the year 1998 as a grant in aid department under Arts Faculty.
||Mr. Jayendra K. Pendse
||M.A., M.Phil., NET
||Assistance Professor and Head
- Industrial Sociology (Unorganized Sector of Labour)
||Title of Project
||Asanghatit Kamgaranchya Samajik Samasyeche Samajshastriya Adhyayan
||Mr. Jayendra K. Pendse
Research Papers Published by Staff & Research Students in last five Years:-
- No. of Papers Published in Journals/Proceeding :- International – 03, National- 12 and Stae – 10.
Workshops/Seminars Organized in last five years: 02
- UGC Sponsored International Conference on “Global Change: Impact of Biodiversity, Culture and Technology” dated 3rd to 5th November, 2012.
- National Interdisciplinary Seminar on, “Significance of Language and Social Science in the Age of Information Technology” dated 4th September, 2015
Guest lecturers since 2011-2016:-
||Name & Designation of Guest Lecturer
||Mr. Sachin Hunge, Assistant Professor and Head, Tirpude College of Social Work, Nagpur
||Population Problem in India
||11th July, 2015
||Dr. Bhau Daydar, Director, Vasantrao Naik Institute of Social Sciences, Nagpur.
||Indian Tribe and Reality
|| 25th December, 2012
||Dr. Ashok Borkar, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, P.G.T.D., R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
||Human Rights and Indian Tribe
||19th August, 2011
Highlights of Department:
- Adequate and well qualified departmental teaching staff
- Excellent Departmental Result.
- 100% course completion.
- Classrooms with ICT facility.
- Evaluation through homework, unit test, presentation, question-answer series, etc.
- Use of modern teaching aids like PowerPoint presentation.
- Students more exposed to the latest trends and movements of the subject.
- Awareness among the students about the future opportunities in the subject.
- Rise in the number of the students going for Post Graduate.
- MOU Signed with SAHAS De-Addiction Centre, Manewada Ring Road, Nagpur
- MOU signed with Andhshraddha Nirmulan Samiti, Nagpur Branch
- Interactive Sessions.
- Well equipped departmental library and central library.
- Internet facility for departmental students.
- Department staff delivered 10 Guest Lectures in various colleges and NSS Camps.
- Guided 03 students for M.Phil. Dissertation of Bharatidasan University, Tiruchirapalli.
- Guided 08 students for M.S.W.-II Dissertation of Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Social Work, Bhagwan Nagar, Nagpur.
- Guided 03 students for M.S.W.-II Dissertation of Aniket College of Social Work, Wardha.
Mr. Jayendra K. Pendse
Apply to this course
Head, Department of Sociology,
Sevadal Mahila Mahavidyalaya,
Sakkardara Square, Umrer Road, Nagpur-440024